Saturday, November 14, 2009

Preserving Bridal Bouquet?

I'm looking to preserve my bridal bouquet. After the wedding, my new husband and I are driving back home the next day (5 hour trip), then flying out to our honeymoon the day after that, which will go from Sunday to Sunday.





I'm interested in using Silica Gel, however will it cause problems since we'll be gone for at least 9 days?





If so, what is good to use that will last that long that will still maintain the fresh color and look of my bouquet?





The flowers I am using are hydrangeas, marigolds, roses and some baby's breath.





Thank you.

Preserving Bridal Bouquet?
To me, it's a waste of money. I would just save one flower of each type and put them into a frame with a picture of the bouquet.





If you want it done perfectly, try a LARGE local florist. Some of them offer a feeze drying service.
Reply:I don't really know the answer, but you might want to give the job to someone in your bridal party since after the wedding is your honeymoon and you shouldn't have to be worrying about your bouquet.


No comments:

Post a Comment