Friday, November 13, 2009

How do I wrap a rose?

I have a friend in a play and I want to wrap a rose all nice for her. I have a rose, baby's breath, greens and I was going to wrap them in two contrasting colors of tissue paper and one piece of cellophane.Anyone know the steps to wrapping the rose like they do at a flower shop?

How do I wrap a rose?
http://www.floristryexpert.co.uk/GiftWra...





I tried explaining but it was too long winded, so I found the above link for one solution. Or you can wrap them in a cone shape ( with a corner of the paper at the top), cellophane next to the flowers and tissue outside,then tied with a ribbon.
Reply:firstly have all the materials you need ( baby's breath, roses etc) ready including an elastic band.


Make the 'bouquet" in your hand. When it looks lovely use the elastic to secure it.


Then place in some water and cut all the stems underwater.





I like to wrap some wet cotton balls or make up remover pads or even wet paper towel around the cut ends to keep it moist.





Take your paper you are going to use and layer it in the order you want leaving it in the table as you layer.


The one that goes outside will be first.





Then take one corner and fold gently to make a large enough opening for the flowers. You'll need to fold it over about 1/2 of the way.


Holding the corner of the triangle fold it again. This makes a sort of funnel shape.





Place the flowers inside so the tip of the stems in in the tip of the fold.


Then tape it closed or use another elastic.





Tie a ribbon around the bottom part to add some extra beauty





Give it with love


No comments:

Post a Comment