Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm trying to find info on data on how to grow a plant (baby's breath) for my daughters science project! HELP!

Baby's Breath (Gypsophila elegans) is very easy to grow and does not take a lot of care given the right conditions.





First make sure to get the annual variety (the species I listed above is the annual species and the one talked about in my second source). They will need full sun (an extra light source will be necessary this time of year), a warm environment, and care not to over-water them. After planting them far enough apart to allow for growth (about 6-8 inches indoors) just make sure to water only when the soil is drying out and they will grow quickly.





Good luck on the science experiment. Some of my students have used Baby's Breath before and found it very easy to grow indoors.


No comments:

Post a Comment